There are lots of wildlife safari experiences that you can enjoy in Uganda. From rare experiences such as gorilla trekking to traditional game viewing safaris in national parks, there is a lot to do. Here are the top safaris
- Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- Chimpanzee tracking (chimpanzee trekking) in Kibale Forest, the Kyambura Gorge in Queen Elizabeth National Park, Semliki Wildlife Reserve, Pabidi Forest (Murchison Falls) and Nyungwe Forest National Park (Reserve Forestiere de Nyungwe). See the orphaned chimpanzees in the Chimp sanctuary on Ngamba Island
- Game drives (safaris) on the savannas of Murchison Falls NP, Queen Elizabeth NP, Lake Mburo National Park, Kidepo Valley NP and Akagera National Park (Parc National de l’Akagera). Spot the tree climbing lions on the plains of Ishasha, southern part of the Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Walking safaris in Semuliki National Park, Kaniyo Pabidi in Budongo Forest, Kibale Forest, Nyungwe Forest and Mgahinga National Park
- Go for birding in Murchison Falls National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Bwindi Impenetrable and Akagera National Park. Go for birding in Mabira Forest, Kaniyo Pabidi (Budongo Forest), Sebitole (Kibale NP), Bigodi Swamps, Maramagambo Forest (Queen Elizabeth) Ruhija (Bwindi), Mubwindi Swamp, Mabamba Swamp and Lake Bunyonyi.